Re: media fragment URLs in web browsers

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:35:05 +0100
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Hi Silvia,

> I've just seen this
> http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-easier-to-link-to-youtube-timestamp.html
> and thought it might be good to encourage Web browsers to also
> implement this short-cut for Web video.

Interesting indeed! I have noticed that when the user clicks on "Copy
video URL at current time" it always normalized the timestamp in seconds
even if the original URL has a #t=1m30s for example.

I guess this is a question for Ken Harrenstien/ Thomas: do you know if
YouTube as a short term plan to implement the media fragment URI syntax?