Re: [whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

Dear Silvia,

Le 10/01/2011 13:05, Jack Jansen a écrit :
> It's definitely worth it to put a link to our work in that thread. AT
> THE very least it should get us some reviewers of shag we've edited
> down on frame accurate addressing...

Thanks for pointing us this (now long) thread. I have just read it
completely. For the others, the main point of discussion is about video
editors and producers who want frame access to video and browsers who
say that container formats such as WebM do not have a fixed frame rate
(FPS) and therefore cannot expose it in the API. No mention of Media
Fragments has been done yet.

Silvia, could you please reply that Media Fragments allows to access to
a SMPTE time code? I think the best place is to answer this mail from
Philip
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2011-January/029803.html
who has suggested to add an attribute to the video element exposing the
(virtual) framerate.

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy
2229, route des Crêtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.