Re: ACTION-123: Silvia to come up with ABNF for header syntax - FINISHED

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:40:40 +0200
To: DENOUAL Franck <Franck.Denoual@crf.canon.fr>
CC: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi Franck,

Thanks for this careful review. Regarding your second point:

>> 2- Is the problem of introducing the new header
>> "Content-Range-Mapping" fixed ? Was raised in :
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Mar/0155.html
>
> Still waiting for feedback and an explanation from Yves there.

Indeed, the problem is still here and hasn't been fixed. The issue is
that a 206 response cannot have new headers (such as
'Content-Range-Mapping'). Therefore, the mapping between a custom unit
and bytes should also appear in the 'Content-Range' header, but we still
haven't figure out the syntax.
As Silvia said, we are waiting for some more feedback from Yves!