Re: Test Cases: moving forward

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:28:57 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> Actually, a modern legacy browser (current Opera, Firefox, Chrome,
> Safari) will send byte range requests for Web media resources and will
> thus receive a 206 anyway. ;-)

My Chrome browser does not send a byte range request for:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/media/fragf2f.mp4#t=12,21 and
it receives a 200 OK response.

My Firefox browser (with the Media Fragment plugin enabled) does the
right thing :-)

> We canot just check on the HTTP status codes whether a browser
> supports media fragments.

I agree. But this is one important piece we should not ignore neither.