Re: Media Fragments URI parsing: pseudo algorithm code

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 04:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
cc: Philip Jšgenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On 29 jun 2010, at 22:30, Yves Lafon wrote:
>
>> The ABNF describe the whole syntax, and then the different parts. There is no need for a multi-step parsing scheme requiring to re-read multiple time the same bytes.
>> To me "%74=%6ept%3A%310" is not a media fragment. %-escaped values are allowed only where they are allowed (see grammar).
>

> Interesting...
>
> Unlike Yves, I think the sketched example _is_ a media fragment, but
> unlike Philip I don't think we need to specify it in our ABNF.

the URI RFC makes it quite clear where percent encoding is allowed and
where it is not. For example, h%74%54p://www.example.com/ is _not_
htTp://www.example.com/

Also, do you want 'NpT' to be equivalent to 'nPT' and 'npt' ?
To me, if you are escaping something, there is good reason for that, if
you do it in 'npt' you probably mean that you don't want it to be
processed as 'npt' directly. The grammar allows pct-encoding in track
names and ids.

> My reasoning: the URI spec (or possibly IRI spec, if we decide to go
> with that one) already specifies how percent-escapes are handled.

and where they are allowed or not :)

--
Baroula que barouleras, au tiťu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves