Re: Media Fragments URI parsing: pseudo algorithm code

On 29 jun 2010, at 22:30, Yves Lafon wrote:

> The ABNF describe the whole syntax, and then the different parts. There is no need for a multi-step parsing scheme requiring to re-read multiple time the same bytes.
> To me "%74=%6ept%3A%310" is not a media fragment. %-escaped values are allowed only where they are allowed (see grammar).

Interesting...

Unlike Yves, I think the sketched example _is_ a media fragment, but unlike Philip I don't think we need to specify it in our ABNF.

My reasoning: the URI spec (or possibly IRI spec, if we decide to go with that one) already specifies how percent-escapes are handled.

But: I know we had long discussions about this, so maybe my memory is incorrect here. Please enlighten me...