Re: Temporal fragments of media with time stamps

SMPTE time-codes are actually embedded in the media.  They might be continuous in a media file, they might not be.

For example, a fragment request for SMPTE 0h-10m-0s to 0h-20m-0s might appear to be a 10 minute clip starting 20 minutes in, but
a) if the first time code in the file is in fact 0h-5m-0s, it's only 15 minutes into the clip (and indeed, TV time-codes typically treat 10h as the start time, I have no idea why)
b) if there is a discontinuity in the time-codes such that 0h-15m-59s is followed by 0h-18m-0s, then it's only an 8 minute cli[p that's requested, in fact.

On Jan 19, 2010, at 16:23 , Davy Van Deursen wrote:

> [...]

David Singer