Re: Terminology: fragment identifier part of an URI?

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:28:24 +0200
To: Sami Vaarala <sami.vaarala@codebay.fi>
CC: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>, public-media-fragment@w3.org
Dear Sami, Silvia,

>> According to RFC 3986, the term "URI" does not include relative
>> references. In this document, we want to cover both, URIs and relative
>> references. This requires us to use the term "URI reference" according
>> to RC 3986. For simplicity reasons, this document, however, only uses
>> the term 'media fragment URI' in place of 'media fragment URI
>> reference'.
>
> This sounds good to me :)

Thanks for your comment and the discussion.
@Silvia: I slightly changed your paragraph and updated correspondingly
the latest editor's draft:

"According to RFC 3986, the term "URI" does not include relative
references. In this document, we consider both URIs and relative
references. Consequently, we use the term "URI reference" as defined in
RFC 3986 (section 4.1). For simplicity reasons, this document, however,
only uses the term "media fragment URI" in place of "media fragment URI
reference"."

Cheers.