W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2009

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 30 September, Telecon 0900 UTC *NEW HOUR*

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:13:52 +0200
Message-ID: <4AC0EED0.5030902@cwi.nl>
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=30&month=09&year=2009&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

Please, note the *NEW* hour. With this time slot, we expect the
attendance of all WG members.

Conrad will be our scribe (Yves is on deck).
Silvia did complete her actions and some of other's actions :-) Thanks 
Silvia! I will complete mine on Tuesday afternoon ...
Actions opened:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-09-30
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 30 September *09:00-10:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=30&month=09&year=2009&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

30 September 2009, 0900 UTC
              0200 (West US)
              1000 (Galway)
              1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
              1800 (Tokyo)
              1900 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael, Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Conrad (On Deck: Yves)

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 23 September 2009 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2009/09/23-mediafrag-minutes.html
* ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
(ongoing ... re-raise around 15/10/09)
* ACTION-111: Thierry to provide CVS access to Conrad

2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
* Use Cases and Requirements WD review (MAWG)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0008.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0040.html
* ACTION-105: Raphael to address all comments and write a reply to MAWG
* ACTION-106: Raphael to draft a paragraph explaining upfront in the
document why we are doing that ... justification for the MPEG community 	
* ACTION-113: Raphael to move "Side Conditions" section to requirements
doc only

3. SPECIFICATION:

3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
* ACTION-109: Erik and Davy to write a paragraph in the documents to
explain why we don't include this feature in the spec (rationale) based
on the group analysis (impact both req and spec documents)
* ACTION-110: Silvia to Draft a summary starting from her blog post and
the 17/09/2009 IRC minutes in the document (role of ? and #)
* Silvia: should we provide one or several URI templates in complement
of the BNF syntax provided in the spec for the definition of Media
Fragments URI?

3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
* ACTION-112: Raphael to Propose a digest of Conrad and current's
proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the
communication UA server

3.3 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fragments

4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
* Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
* ACTION-108: Michael to add the missing test cases in corrib
* ACTION-114: Michael to remove test case 4
* ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
empty, undefined, etc

5. ISSUES

5.1 Active:
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
** Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jun/0180.html
(+ thread). How to restart the discussion? Ask Noah to have an item
during the next call?

5.2 Non-Active:
* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
client-side
* ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
* ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
the fragment scheme for all media types

6. IMPLEMENTATION:
* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
parsing

7. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Monday, 28 September 2009 17:14:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT