W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 30 September, Telecon 0900 UTC *NEW HOUR*

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:12:57 +1000
Message-ID: <2c0e02830909300012g66c6aebeu5ab7f6a7f3a767e4@mail.gmail.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
As it turns out, I will again be at friends at 7pm tonight, so will
partake via irc only. Sorry - it seems this time slot might work
against me, but I want to give it some more weeks.

I apologise for taking away actions of others - they were mostly "on
my way" to doing the changes I needed to make, so I hope it's all ok.

BTW: I particularly look forward to ACTION-112 - I think that is where
our largest challenges are hidden now. And our deadline is
approaching. :-)

Talk soon.

Cheers,
Silvia.

2009/9/29 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=30&month=09&year=2009&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> Please, note the *NEW* hour. With this time slot, we expect the
> attendance of all WG members.
>
> Conrad will be our scribe (Yves is on deck).
> Silvia did complete her actions and some of other's actions :-) Thanks
> Silvia! I will complete mine on Tuesday afternoon ...
> Actions opened:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
> Best regards.
>
> †Erik & RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-09-30
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 30 September *09:00-10:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=30&month=09&year=2009&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> 30 September 2009, 0900 UTC
> † † † † † † 0200 (West US)
> † † † † † † 1000 (Galway)
> † † † † † † 1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
> † † † † † † 1800 (Tokyo)
> † † † † † † 1900 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Raphael, Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Conrad (On Deck: Yves)
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 23 September 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/09/23-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> (ongoing ... re-raise around 15/10/09)
> * ACTION-111: Thierry to provide CVS access to Conrad
>
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> * Use Cases and Requirements WD review (MAWG)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0008.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0040.html
> * ACTION-105: Raphael to address all comments and write a reply to MAWG
> * ACTION-106: Raphael to draft a paragraph explaining upfront in the
> document why we are doing that ... justification for the MPEG community
>
> * ACTION-113: Raphael to move "Side Conditions" section to requirements
> doc only
>
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>
> 3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
> * ACTION-109: Erik and Davy to write a paragraph in the documents to
> explain why we don't include this feature in the spec (rationale) based
> on the group analysis (impact both req and spec documents)
> * ACTION-110: Silvia to Draft a summary starting from her blog post and
> the 17/09/2009 IRC minutes in the document (role of ? and #)
> * Silvia: should we provide one or several URI templates in complement
> of the BNF syntax provided in the spec for the definition of Media
> Fragments URI?
>
> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
> * ACTION-112: Raphael to Propose a digest of Conrad and current's
> proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the
> communication UA server
>
> 3.3 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
> Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fragments
>
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> * Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
> * ACTION-108: Michael to add the missing test cases in corrib
> * ACTION-114: Michael to remove test case 4
> * ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
> empty, undefined, etc
>
> 5. ISSUES
>
> 5.1 Active:
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
> ** Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jun/0180.html
> (+ thread). How to restart the discussion? Ask Noah to have an item
> during the next call?
>
> 5.2 Non-Active:
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
> Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
> the fragment scheme for all media types
>
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
> parsing
>
> 7. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 30 September 2009 07:13:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT