Re: video annotation

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 23:47:43 +0200
To: "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>
CC: Joakim SŲderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, public-media-fragment@w3.org, public-media-annotation@w3.org
Dear Joakim, Jean-Pierre,

> I was concerned about how to refer to a temporal decomposition without
> knowing FPS, ďFile LengthĒ and other details.
>
> Is there a standard agreement of what 20s-50s refers to? Perhaps the
> ďbeginningĒ is not the same for all ďexpressionsĒ of a work?

I'm not sure what your question is, but if it is: "what's the part to be
retrieved when one uses the media fragment URI
http://www.example.com/myVideo#t=20,50?", then yes, it means to send the
bits that makes a playable video corresponding to the representation
that the server is configurated to serve when one requests 'myVideo'
from the second 20 till the second 50.

Evain, Jean-Pierre a ťcrit :
 > This refers to the proposal I made to media Fragment during the last F2F
 > to use edit units.

I guess this is related to the ACTION-67 given to Erik: "Sync with Jean
Pierre to get the edit units spec reference". See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/67