W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2009

minutes of 2009-03-25 teleconference

From: Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:10:28 +0100
Message-ID: <49CA0314.9000802@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
All,

The minutes of this week telecon are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).
Cheers!

   Raphael

----------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
25 Mar 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0057.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Thierry, Yves, Jack, Davy, Raphael
    Regrets
           Erik, Silvia, Michael, Guillaume
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]4. Issues
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 25 March 2009

    <Gui> +regrets Gui

    Hi Guillaume, you cannot make the telecon?

    Yves, try to dial another number?

    <scribe> scribenick: raphael

    Topic 1. ADMIN

    Propose to accept the minutes of last telecon?

    All: accept without changes

    RESOLUTION: minutes accepted

    Topic 2. F2F meeting

    Raphael: we need to discuss the agenda, build it together
    ... what are your objectives?

    Jack: it would be good if we could discuss concrete implementations
    ... mine could be ready, if we clarify the range unit syntax
    ... then it is a 1/2 day coding

    Raphael: my expectation would be also to discuss test cases, and of
    course the main document

    Yves: we need to build a story around the 4-ways handshake
    ... also talk about the link header

    Topic 3. Main Document

    3.1: Syntax

    ACTION-46?

    <trackbot> ACTION-46 -- Yves Lafon to check the formal validity of
    the grammar -- due 2009-03-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [7]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/46

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/46

    close ACTION-46

    <trackbot> ACTION-46 Check the formal validity of the grammar closed

    Yves: I have built a small parser in java / cc that validates the
    grammar
    ... no mistake in the grammar

    3.2 Use Cases and requirements

    Silvia and Guillaume will finish it by the end of this week

    3.3 Technology Survey

    Erik would like to know if he could take action to improve this
    section

    Raphael: what changes can we bring?
    ... I think for example that the formal grammar of TimedText is
    unnecessary

    Jack: what about a companion document ?
    ... I would suggest summarize the wiki page in the main document
    ... and provide an informative reference to the complete wiki page
    ... I would like to have this technology survey perhaps published as
    a Working Group note since I find it useful

    Davy: 5.1 should be in the ref section

    Raphael: yes, the examples come actually from 5.3

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to summarize the content of the wiki page to
    put in the main document, with few examples and a short story
    [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - Summarize the content of the wiki
    page to put in the main document, with few examples and a short
    story [on Erik Mannens - due 2009-04-01].

    3.4 HTTP implementation

    Raphael: I would like to replace all the examples with the real
    videos Jack took in Ghent

    <scribe> ACTION: Raphael to replace all examples in the wiki page
    with the video Jack took [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael

    trackbot, status

    <scribe> ACTION: Rapha�l to replace all examples in the wiki page
    with the video Jack took [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Rapha�l

    <scribe> ACTION: Raphaël to replace all examples in the wiki page
    with the video Jack took [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-52 - Replace all examples in the wiki page
    with the video Jack took [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2009-04-01].

    ACTION-49?

    <trackbot> ACTION-49 -- Yves Lafon to draft the HTTP-Range syntax
    for different units (completing all the syntax for the two way
    handshake) -- due 2009-03-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/49

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/49

    Yves: I will definitively make that before the f2f
    ... starts with seconds first, so to not block implementation

    Jack: do you want to copy the movies on the W3C server?

    Raphael: yes, to have permanent URI for these resources
    ... which format we will use? mp4, ogg?

    Jack: ffmpeg should be able to slice the movie, need to check

    Davy: we have a piece of software that should be able to slice a
    media file independantly of the codec format
    ... I will demo this software during the f2f meeting

    Yves: media.w3.org works on Apache, would be good to check for
    deployment

    <scribe> ACTION: Jack to check whether ffmpeg can slide movies
    easily, need for implementation on client and server side [recorded
    in [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Check whether ffmpeg can slide movies
    easily, need for implementation on client and server side [on Jack
    Jansen - due 2009-04-01].

    Yves: also consider the file:// protocol, everything on client

    Davy: I'm also experimenting to provide a RTSP implementation
    ... I could report my current work at the f2f meeting

4. Issues

    Raphael: we cannot discuss them, since neither Michael nor Silvia
    are here

    <raphael_> meeting will be back at the normal hour next week

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to summarize the content of the wiki page to put
    in the main document, with few examples and a short story [recorded
    in [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jack to check whether ffmpeg can slide movies easily,
    need for implementation on client and server side [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Rapha�l to replace all examples in the wiki page with
    the video Jack took [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
Raphaël Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 25 March 2009 10:11:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT