Re: ABNF for fragment syntax

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:15:10 +0100
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
CC: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, public-media-fragment@w3.org, "'Davy Van Deursen'" <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
> It depends if we want to allow infinite precision or only 1/10th of
> second. I think that you are right and we shoul allow infinite
> precision, so move
> clocktime = ( 1*DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] timeunit ) /
>             ( 1*DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] )
> also timeunit might be optional, no? leading to
> clocktime = ( 1*DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] [ timeunit ] ) /
>             ( 1*DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] )
>
> I will do the first modification now, for the second I'd rather wait for
> WG's decision.

Good question! We agreed that timeformat is optional but we have said
nothing about timeunit.
  - Case 1: timeunit is optional, default is 'second' ?
  - Case 2: timeunit is mandatory
I observe that xywhunit is optional! Perhaps we could be coherent here?

>> Also, didn't we predefine things like track=audio at some point, or
>> did we drop that (and have I forgotten about it)?
>
> That is really a sub-part more than a fragment, we might address it for
> the identification of just the audio part (see discussion about changing
> mime type for fragment/full sub-resources), but I don't remember if we
> just forgot, or if we dropped. Do someone remember?

I remember we agreed to not predefine any track name, since we couldn't
find in the existing container format a coherent naming scheme for the
audio, video, etc. Davy, can you confirm?
Cheers!