Re: ABNF for fragment syntax

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On  20-Feb-2009, at 15:12 , Yves Lafon wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> To complete my action (ACTION-41), please find attached the first draft of
>> the ABNF definition of the syntax.
>
> I think I found only one bug: shouldn't the fractional part of clocktime
> (both productions) be "." 1*DIGIT? Or is there something magic in abnf that
> means that DIGIT isn't interpreted as 1DIGIT?

It depends if we want to allow infinite precision or only 1/10th of
second. I think that you are right and we shoul allow infinite precision,
so move
clocktime = ( 1*DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] timeunit ) /
             ( 1*DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] )
also timeunit might be optional, no? leading to
clocktime = ( 1*DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] [ timeunit ] ) /
             ( 1*DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT ":" 2DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ] )

I will do the first modification now, for the second I'd rather wait for
WG's decision.

> Also, didn't we predefine things like track=audio at some point, or did we
> drop that (and have I forgotten about it)?

That is really a sub-part more than a fragment, we might address it for
the identification of just the audio part (see discussion about changing
mime type for fragment/full sub-resources), but I don't remember if we
just forgot, or if we dropped. Do someone remember?

         ~~Yves