W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > December 2009

!Last phonecall before publication (be part of it)! - Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 December, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:32:05 +0100
To: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Cc: "'Guillaume Olivrin'" <golivrin@meraka.org.za>
Message-ID: <017b01ca7cb9$71e04e80$55a0eb80$@mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,


Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=16&month=12&year=20
09&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 

Guillaume will be our scribe (Silvia, Davy are on deck). Actions opened:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open

!!! This is an important call, as we will ask for publication Thursday ...
so last chance to discuss things this time !!!


Best regards.

Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-12-16
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 16 December *10:00-11:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=16&month=12&year=20
09&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

16 December 2009, 1000 UTC
              0200 (West US)
              1000 (Galway)
              1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
	     1800 (Shanghai)
              1900 (Tokyo)		*NEW HOUR*
              2100 (Sydney)		*NEW HOUR*
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Guillaume (On Deck: Sylvia)

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 02 December 2009 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2009/12/02-mediafrag-minutes.html
* Next F2F Meeting: see 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0024.html 
* ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers (ongoing
... re-raise around 15/01/10)
* Charter Extension: when to do what? Other prereqs than publication?

2. SPECIFICATION:

2.0 Publish our work (so far)
* Discuss the 2 documents for publication (see Silvia's great work :)
** Go through changes:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0050.html 

http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/ 

ACTION: discuss & get resolution to publish (as is)
** Close actions 123, 124, 125?

2.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
* Bug in the npt specification found by Philip:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html 

"I'd also like to point out that the ABNF for NPT does not match
RFC2326. It allows there to be 0 or more digits following the decimal
point, while the MF ABNF allows 1 or more digits."

ACTION to take?

2.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
* ACTION-123: Yves to come up with ABNF for header syntax
* ACTION-124: Silvia to rework section 5 according to Raphael's
restructuration plan (see also 2.0)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0022.html 
* ACTION-125: Michael to revisit his ednote in section 5

2.3 Media Fragment Processing:
* Question of MF URI validity by Philip:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html 
* Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html 

2.4 Discovery of 'Track' and 'Named' fragments:
* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
* Davy's strawman implementation using ROE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0014.html 
* Silvia's blog post:
http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/11/25/manifests-exposing-structure-of-a-comp
osite-media-resource/ 
* Jack's proposal to write up that we should distinguish the mechanism (ROE,
MPEG-21) vs the semantics

3.5 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fragments 

4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
* Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/ 
* ACTION-108: Michael to add the missing test cases in corrib
* ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
empty, undefined, etc
* ACTION-118: Michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/-
20)
* ACTION-119: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing
list and notifications

5. IMPLEMENTATION:
* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the logic
could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code doing
the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an implementation
in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing

6. ISSUES

6.1 Active:
None.

6.2 Non-Active:
* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
client-side
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
* ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS) Sprites
and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
* ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register the
fragment scheme for all media types

7. AOB

Erik Mannens
Received on Monday, 14 December 2009 12:32:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:35 GMT