Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 02 December, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:08:20 +0100
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:

Yves will be our scribe (Conrad is on deck). Actions opened:
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-12-02
Wednesday, 02 December *10:00-11:00 UTC*
Local time:

02 December 2009, 1000 UTC
              0200 (West US)
              1000 (Galway)
              1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
              1900 (Tokyo)		*NEW HOUR*
              2100 (Sydney)		*NEW HOUR*
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

Chair: Raphael
Regrets: Erik, Jack
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Yves (On Deck: Conrad)

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 25 November 2009
* Next F2F Meeting? Media Annotations WG will meet 2 days in the week
Feb 22 - 26, 2010 in Korea. Should we meet there?
* ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
(ongoing ... re-raise around 15/01/10)

* ACTION-122: Raphael to drop "-spec" for the short URI of the spec document

3.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
* Bug in the npt specification found by Philip:

3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
* ACTION-112: Raphael to Propose a digest of Conrad and current's
proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the
communication UA server

3.3 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):

3.4 Discovery of 'Track' and 'Named' fragments:
* Davy's strawman implementation using ROE:
* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?

4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
* Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
* ACTION-108: Michael to add the missing test cases in corrib
* ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
empty, undefined, etc
* ACTION-118: Michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases
(+/- 20)
* ACTION-119: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications
mailing list and notifications
* Question of MF URI validity by Philip:

* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
* ACTION-120: Erik to get URL for MF server, and post to group

6.1 Active:

6.2 Non-Active:
* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
* ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
* ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
the fragment scheme for all media types

7. AOB