W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > August 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 August, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:21:43 +0200
Message-ID: <4A939F17.5060806@w3.org>
CC: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, public-media-fragment@w3.org, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Erik & RaphaŽl,

Regrets, I am attending the WebCGM WG F2F at that time.
Thierry


> 2009/8/25 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
>> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>>
>> We have an exciting telecon coming. Please, find below the agenda for this
>> week telecon:
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=26&month=08&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0.
>> Jack will scribe (Yves is on deck).
>>
>> Highlights will be: discussion on some requirements (motivating aspect
>> ratio), discussion on syntax (editUnits, absolute time specification),
>> discussion on the role of # and ?, discussion on protocol (communication
>> server - UA).
>>
>> We have *many* actions opened:
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
>> ALL, please, give status update during the call so we can identify the
>> remaining bottlenecks.
>> Best regards.
>>
>>  Erik & RaphaŽl
>>
>> ------------
>>
>> AGENDA Teleconference
>> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-08-26
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Wednesday, 26 August *12:00-13:00 UTC*
>> Local time:
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=26&month=08&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>>
>> 26 August 2009, 1200 UTC
>>             0500 (West US)
>>             1300 (Galway)
>>             1400 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
>>             2100 (Tokyo)
>>             2200 (Sydney)
>> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
>> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
>> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
>> Duration : 60 minutes
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
>> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
>> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
>> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
>> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Chair: Raphael
>> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
>> Scribe: Jack (On Deck: Yves)
>> Regrets: Erik
>>
>> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
>> members and invited experts only.
>>
>> 1. ADMIN:
>> * Roll call
>> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 12 and 19 August 2009 telecon:
>> http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-mediafrag-minutes.html
>> http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html
>> * Next WG gathering:
>>  - 17-18 September: F2F in Amsterdam or Virtual Meeting?
>>  - 2-6 November: TPAC week in Santa Clara (CA, USA)?
>> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
>> (ongoing ... re-raise around 15/09/09)
>>
>> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
>> * Use Cases and Requirements WD review:
>>  - Media Annotations WG:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0020.html
>>  - TimedText, SVG, HTML5+WHATWG:
>> http://www.w3.org/2009/08/14-hcg-minutes.html#item04 (member only)
>>  - TAG: Yves ... re-raise around 01/09/09
>> * ACTION-95: Michael to review the new UC written by Silvia and check
>> whether it will cover a mobile usage
>> * Could we have a good story for having aspect ratio?
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0060.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0062.html
>>
>> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>>
>> 3.1 Terminology: (Silvia)
>> * Change "URI" to "URI Reference" through the whole document since only
>> a URI ref can be relative?
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0066.html
>>
>> 3.2 Syntax: (Yves)
>> * Discussion 1: [proposal for resolution] we will *NOT* allow editUnits
>> for specifying the temporal dimension?
>> **
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0029.html
>> **
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0036.html
>> * Discussion 2: should we extend the syntax to have absolute time
>> specification that contains day and year (see RTSP RFC, section 3.7)
>> ** Should we adopt HTML5/SMIL EBNF syntax?
>> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
>> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) (ongoing ...
>> re-raise around 01/09/09)
>>
>> 3.3 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
>> * On the role of the '&' and the '#' in the Media Fragment specification:
>> http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/08/19/jumping-to-time-offsets-in-videos/
>> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
>> a media resource, for streamable formats
>>
>> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
>> * See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
>> * Discussion: Jack objects about the lack of coherency between returning
>> the full asset for 2 dimensions (track, id), and an error for the 2
>> others (time, space)
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0013.html
>> * ACTION-93: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are affected by the
>> temporal-optional-comma-decision
>> * ACTION-99: Michael to add TC0010, TC0011 and TC0012 to the Test Cases
>> page per WG decision
>>
>> 5. ISSUES
>>
>> 5.1 Active:
>> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
>> ** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9
>> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
>> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
>> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
>> ** Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jun/0180.html
>> (+ thread). How to restart the discussion? Ask Noah to have an item
>> during the next call?
>>
>> 5.2 Non-Active:
>> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
>> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
>> client-side
>> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
>> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
>> Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
>> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
>> the fragment scheme for all media types
>>
>> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
>> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
>> implement the logic on client side
>> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
>> logic could be implemented on client side
>> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
>> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
>> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
>> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
>> parsing
>> * ACTION-90: Davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to
>> slice media files
>>
>> 7. AOB
>>
>> --
>> RaphaŽl Troncy
>> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
>> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
>> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
>> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
>> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>>
>>
>>
> 
Received on Tuesday, 25 August 2009 08:22:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT