W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 April, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:16:16 +0200
Message-ID: <49F78E40.5010600@cwi.nl>
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 

The scribe will be Guillaume (Michael, Jack are on deck).
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-04-29

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 29 April *12:00-13:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 



29 April 2009, 1200 UTC
                   0500 (West US)
		  1300 (Galway)
                   1400 (Amsterdam)
                   2100 (Tokyo)
                   2200 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael, Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Guillaume (On Deck: Michael, Jack)
Regrets: none

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 08 April 2009 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2009/04/08-mediafrag-minutes.html
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 16-17 April 2009 F2F:
http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-mediafrag-minutes.html
http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediafrag-minutes.html
* ACTION-66: Jack to look at the organisation of the 4th F2F meeting in 
Amsterdam on September 17-18 (just after IBC)
See also: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0142.html

2. UC & REQUIREMENTS

2.1 Publishing and future documents (Raphael)
* ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document
* ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such 
as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
* ACTION-65: Raphael to split Current UC and Req into UCR and Syntax doc
* ACTION-75: Raphael to split the document and setup the diff feature of 
xmlspec

2.2 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
* ACTION-51: Erik to Summarize the content of the wiki page to put in
the main document, with few examples and a short story

3. SPECIFICATION
See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
* ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
(completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
* ACTION-67: Erik to sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec 
reference

3.2 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
* ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach 
with precisely the same examples
* ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of 
a media resource, for streamable formats

4. TEST CASES
* ACTION-72: Michael to setup template for test cases on wiki

5. ISSUES
* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
MIME Type registrations?
* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
** ACTION-73: Conrad to change the phrasing of the issue 4 (just 
audio/video)?
* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at 
client-side
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be 
forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
* ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
** ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client 
should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment 
Resolution"
* ISSUE-8 [Michael]: Missing collection of MF WG decisions

6. IMPLEMENTATION:
* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code 
doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an 
implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments 
parsing

7. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 28 April 2009 23:16:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT