W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

minutes of Barcelona 3rd F2F meeting (2009-04-16/17)

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:55:00 +0200
Message-ID: <49F78944.5010407@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: VŪctor RodrŪguez Doncel <victorr@ac.upc.edu>
All,

I'm sending the minutes of the 3rd F2F meeting we had in Barcelona. You
will read them at:
   - 16/04/2009: http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-mediafrag-minutes.html
   - 17/04/2009: http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediafrag-minutes.html
Thanks again to Victor for his warm welcome and the perfect organization
including a nightlife tour :-)

I'm summarizing here the main resolutions and actions:
RESOLUTION:
  * The Media Fragments agree to publish its FPWD:
"Use cases and requirements for Media Fragments" available at 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

(NEW) ACTION:
  * ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be 
forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
  * ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach 
with precisely the same examples
  * ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client 
should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment 
Resolution"
  * ACTION-65: Raphael to split Current UC and Req into UCR and Syntax doc
  * ACTION-66: Jack to look at the organisation of the 4th F2F meeting 
in Amsterdam on September 17-18 (just after IBC)
  * ACTION-67: Erik to sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec 
reference
  * ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our 
document
  * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure 
of a media resource, for streamable formats
  * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code 
doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
  * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an 
implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments 
implementation
  * ACTION-72: Michael to setup template for test cases on wiki
  * ACTION-73: Conrad to change the phrasing of the issue 4 (just 
audio/video)?
  * ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such 
as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
  * ACTION-75: Raphael to split the document and setup the diff feature 
of xmlspec

Best regards.

   RaphaŽl

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 28 April 2009 22:55:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT