W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 April, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:41:28 +0900
Message-ID: <dba6c0830904290441s1c5b8a64l4d4ede4cc4d6b97f@mail.gmail.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Hi,

apologies for the late notice, I won't be able to attend today's
teleconf. I may however be lurking on IRC.

cheers,

Conrad.

2009/4/29 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon.
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> The scribe will be Guillaume (Michael, Jack are on deck).
> Best regards.
>
> †Erik & RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-04-29
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 29 April *12:00-13:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
>
> 29 April 2009, 1200 UTC
> † † † † † † † † †0500 (West US)
> † † † † † † † † †1300 (Galway)
> † † † † † † † † †1400 (Amsterdam)
> † † † † † † † † †2100 (Tokyo)
> † † † † † † † † †2200 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Raphael, Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Guillaume (On Deck: Michael, Jack)
> Regrets: none
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 08 April 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/04/08-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 16-17 April 2009 F2F:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-mediafrag-minutes.html
> http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * ACTION-66: Jack to look at the organisation of the 4th F2F meeting in
> Amsterdam on September 17-18 (just after IBC)
> See also:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0142.html
>
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS
>
> 2.1 Publishing and future documents (Raphael)
> * ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document
> * ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such as
> SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
> * ACTION-65: Raphael to split Current UC and Req into UCR and Syntax doc
> * ACTION-75: Raphael to split the document and setup the diff feature of
> xmlspec
>
> 2.2 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
> * ACTION-51: Erik to Summarize the content of the wiki page to put in
> the main document, with few examples and a short story
>
> 3. SPECIFICATION
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
>
> 3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
> * ACTION-67: Erik to sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec
> reference
>
> 3.2 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
> * ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach with
> precisely the same examples
> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of a
> media resource, for streamable formats
>
> 4. TEST CASES
> * ACTION-72: Michael to setup template for test cases on wiki
>
> 5. ISSUES
> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
> MIME Type registrations?
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> ** ACTION-73: Conrad to change the phrasing of the issue 4 (just
> audio/video)?
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be forbidden or
> not when we send a fragment of a resource
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> ** ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
> should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
> Resolution"
> * ISSUE-8 [Michael]: Missing collection of MF WG decisions
>
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code doing
> the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an implementation
> in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing
>
> 7. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 29 April 2009 11:42:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT