W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 08 April, Telecon 1200 UTC *NEW HOUR*

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 10:44:26 +0200
Message-ID: <49DB126A.5030703@cwi.nl>
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon. Following last week 
decision, we have again a new hour for the weekly telecon, that is 12:00 
UTC which means:
   - San Francisco: 05:00 AM
   - Galway: 13:00 PM
   - Amsterdam/Ghent/Nice/Pretoria: 14:00 PM
   - Tokyo: 21:00 PM
   - Sydney: 22:00 PM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=08&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 


Hopefully, we will keep this time slot for the next 6 months until 
European winter.

We will formally vote on moving forward for publishing our document as a 
FPWD. Please, make sure you can make the telecon, and in case you 
cannot, please send your consent *or* your not consent to move forward 
since we need to have a quorum. The scribe will be Silvia (Guillaume is 
on deck).
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-04-08

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 08 April *12:00-13:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=08&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 

08 April 2009, 1200 UTC
                   0500 (West US)
		  1300 (Galway)
                   1400 (Amsterdam)
                   2100 (Tokyo)
                   2200 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael, Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Silvia (On Deck: Guillaume, Michael)
Regrets: none

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 01st April 2009 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2009/04/01-mediafrag-minutes.html

2. Upcoming F2F Meeting in Barcelona:
* Agenda building
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ThirdF2FAgenda

3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
* ACTION-55: Yves to Change the formal grammar to have 'percent' spelled
* ACTION-56: Yves to Change the formal grammar to have unreserved 
characters + %-escaped ones in utf8string and _not_ a set of pchars
* ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
(completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)

3.2 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
* ACTION-51: Erik to Summarize the content of the wiki page to put in
the main document, with few examples and a short story

3.3 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation

3.4 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
Status

PROPOSAL: WG to give consent to the chairs to move forward and request 
publication of the document as a FPWD

4. Implementation:
* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side

Jack's implementation report summary:
   . Issue related to transcoding: is it allowed when cropping or not?
Does ffmpeg produce only transcoded versions of a fragment, which
triggers a problem when caching the resource? How ffmpeg does
communicate the exact timeframe returned after the clipping operation
(often different from the client request)? How the audio and video sync
is guaranteed, see also http://wiki.xiph.org/OggSkeleton Does ffmpeg
have problem with spatial cropping only when a percentage relative
values are used?
   . Issue related to spatial cropping: where that happens (client or
server side)? how to communicate the original size when using percentage
values?

* ACTION-57: Jack to Enter formally in the tracker the ISSUE he has 
found, regarding a) transcoding and b) spatial cropping

5. ISSUES
* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
MIME Type
registrations?
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
** Some related discussion on the TAG mailing list (started by Michael):
   - Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0074.html
   - Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0183.html
** ACTION-42: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed by TimBL
** ACTION-47: Michael to write the options related to the semantics of
media fragments and the procedure on the wiki

* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4

6. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 7 April 2009 08:45:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT