W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 08 April, Telecon 1200 UTC *NEW HOUR*

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 12:45:46 +0900
Message-ID: <dba6c0830904072045v1389efa7h5bb856d45e00c193@mail.gmail.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
My regrets for this week too, travelling (in SF though, so my jetlag
could wake me up in time...)

Conrad.

2009/4/7 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon. Following last week
> decision, we have again a new hour for the weekly telecon, that is 12:00 UTC
> which means:
> †- San Francisco: 05:00 AM
> †- Galway: 13:00 PM
> †- Amsterdam/Ghent/Nice/Pretoria: 14:00 PM
> †- Tokyo: 21:00 PM
> †- Sydney: 22:00 PM
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=08&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> Hopefully, we will keep this time slot for the next 6 months until European
> winter.
>
> We will formally vote on moving forward for publishing our document as a
> FPWD. Please, make sure you can make the telecon, and in case you cannot,
> please send your consent *or* your not consent to move forward since we need
> to have a quorum. The scribe will be Silvia (Guillaume is on deck).
> Best regards.
>
> †Erik & RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-04-08
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 08 April *12:00-13:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=08&month=04&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 08 April 2009, 1200 UTC
> † † † † † † † † †0500 (West US)
> † † † † † † † † †1300 (Galway)
> † † † † † † † † †1400 (Amsterdam)
> † † † † † † † † †2100 (Tokyo)
> † † † † † † † † †2200 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Raphael, Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Silvia (On Deck: Guillaume, Michael)
> Regrets: none
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 01st April 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/04/01-mediafrag-minutes.html
>
> 2. Upcoming F2F Meeting in Barcelona:
> * Agenda building
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ThirdF2FAgenda
>
> 3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
>
> 3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
> * ACTION-55: Yves to Change the formal grammar to have 'percent' spelled
> * ACTION-56: Yves to Change the formal grammar to have unreserved characters
> + %-escaped ones in utf8string and _not_ a set of pchars
> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
>
> 3.2 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
> * ACTION-51: Erik to Summarize the content of the wiki page to put in
> the main document, with few examples and a short story
>
> 3.3 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
>
> 3.4 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
> Status
>
> PROPOSAL: WG to give consent to the chairs to move forward and request
> publication of the document as a FPWD
>
> 4. Implementation:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
>
> Jack's implementation report summary:
> †. Issue related to transcoding: is it allowed when cropping or not?
> Does ffmpeg produce only transcoded versions of a fragment, which
> triggers a problem when caching the resource? How ffmpeg does
> communicate the exact timeframe returned after the clipping operation
> (often different from the client request)? How the audio and video sync
> is guaranteed, see also http://wiki.xiph.org/OggSkeleton Does ffmpeg
> have problem with spatial cropping only when a percentage relative
> values are used?
> †. Issue related to spatial cropping: where that happens (client or
> server side)? how to communicate the original size when using percentage
> values?
>
> * ACTION-57: Jack to Enter formally in the tracker the ISSUE he has found,
> regarding a) transcoding and b) spatial cropping
>
> 5. ISSUES
> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
> MIME Type
> registrations?
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
> ** Some related discussion on the TAG mailing list (started by Michael):
> †- Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0074.html
> †- Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0183.html
> ** ACTION-42: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed by TimBL
> ** ACTION-47: Michael to write the options related to the semantics of
> media fragments and the procedure on the wiki
>
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4
>
> 6. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 8 April 2009 03:46:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT