W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2008

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 24 September, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:37:27 +0200
Message-ID: <48D93767.7010006@cwi.nl>
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2008-09-24

Wednesday, 24 September *12:00-13:00 UTC*
Local time:
24 September 2008, 1200 UTC
                    0500 (West US)
                    0800 (East US)
                    1400 (Amsterdam)
                    1500 (Athens)
                    2100 (Seoul)
                    2200 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

Chair: Erik Mannens
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Jack Jansen
On Deck: Yves Lafon

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.


* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 17th September 2008 telecon:
* Presentation of the participants:
   - Raphael: 
   - Michael:
   - Silvia: 
   - Erik: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/User:Erikmannens
   - Davy: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/User:Dvdeurse
... to be completed, presentations from Yves and Jack are missing


* WG First F2F meeting: Mon-Tue Oct 20-21, at W3C TPAC 2008
** Registration: _EVERYONE_ should fill the questionnaire at 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/ to state if they will 
participate or not
** Confirmed Participants: Yves, Erik, Raphael, Davy, Michael (on 
phone), Jack

* WG Second F2F meeting:
ACTION: Yves to set up a questionnaire for the second MediaFrag F2F in
Gent (8. and 9. Dec) [recorded in 
DONE: see http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/december-f2f/
Results from the WG: 6 prefer 9-10/12/2008; 1 cannot make both dates

PROPOSED to have the 2nd F2F meeting hosted in Ghent (BE) on Tuesday 9th 
and Wednesday 10th of December.


Specification and deployment of temporal and simple spatial media
fragment URIs.

3.1 Use Cases and Requirements

* A W3C Working Group Note for use cases and requirements for
constructing temporal media fragment URIs for audio and video content,
and simple spatial media fragment URIs for still images.
* Preliminary work: 
* Goal: discuss individually each use cases
** Generic Use Cases: annotation, delivery, search, browse, bookmark
** Image Use Cases: photobook, map, multi-resolution
** Audio Use Cases: channels, karaoke
** Video Use Cases: moving point of interest/tracking, video browser

3.2 Background reading, state of the art

* Goal: review and analyze existing solutions and approaches
** Spatial URI fragment in SVG, GoogleMaps, YahooMaps, etc.
** Temporal URI fragment in TemporalURI, MPEG-21, etc.

4. AOB

RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 23 September 2008 21:28:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:41 UTC