Re: Introduction of Raphaël Troncy

Here are some details about me:

Dr Silvia Pfeiffer
--------------------

Silvia's CV: http://blog.gingertech.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/cv_2008.pdf
Silvia's Blog: http://blog.gingertech.net/

After finishing her PhD in audio-visual content analysis and new
multimedia applications, Silvia worked as a research scientist at the
CSIRO in Australia for 7 years on Ogg annotation and hyperlinking
technology (called Annodex), and eventually started her own company in
2006 called Vquence, which is now developing video metrics
applications.

Silvia is a researcher and inventor by heart, and designs and
implements software to realize her ideas. Her coding experience spans
from C, C++ for developing libraries and backend software such as
Apache modules, to PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL and AJAX for Web
frontends. Her passion in developing readable specifications and
interoperable technology has made her part of several standards
bodies, amongst them MPEG, IETF, and now the W3C. She has her name on
several IETF RFCs that have come out of Xiph.Org technology, and
several contributions to MPEG.

Silvia has a diverse experience with automatic creation of video
metadata and captions, video hyperlinking, MPEG standards, Ogg and
Annodex, as well as Web applications using Adobe Flash. She is an
active member of the Xiph / Ogg community and keen to solve
accessibility issues for Ogg media files.