W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > November 2008

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 26 November, Telecon 10:00 UTC

From: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:01:10 +0100
To: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Cc: 'RaphaŽl Troncy' <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Message-ID: <01ad01c94f1f$6a4fb980$3eef2c80$@mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

 

 

Attached you find the agenda of our teleconference next Wednesday. Please,
note the *NEW* hour, the teleconference will be between 10:00 and 11:00 AM
UTC. I hope everybody finds the time to do what was promised. Have a nice
day.

 

 

Sincere greetings,

 

Erik

 

----

 

AGENDA Teleconference

W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2008-11-26

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 26 November *10:00-11:00 UTC*

Local time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=26
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=26&month=11&year=2
008&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0> &month=11&year=2008&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0


26 November 2008, 1000 UTC

                  0200 (West US)

                  0500 (East US)

                  1100 (Amsterdam)

                  1200 (Athens)

                  1900 (Seoul)

                  2100 (Sydney)

Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)

Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99

Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152

Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")

Duration : 60 minutes

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665

W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client

Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim

Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html

Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chair: Erik Mannens

Regrets: Raphael

ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

Scribe: Vassilis Tzouvaras (On Deck: Yves Lafon, Jack Jansen)

 

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by members
and invited experts only.

 

1. ADMIN:

 

* Roll call

* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 19th November 2008 telecon:

http://www.w3.org/2008/11/19-mediafrag-minutes.html 

 

ACTION-1: Yves Lafon, Contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG till
next week ... Yves, status?

 

2. SECOND F2F:

* Registration: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGF2F2   

* Logistics: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic 

* F2F draft Agenda:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/SecondF2FAgenda 

 

3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

 

3.1 Use Cases & Requirements Draft (Silvia) (discuss)

* See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Dr
aft 

* Review from Guillaume:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0056.html 

* Review from Jack:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html 

* Review from Raphael:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html


 

3.2 Types of Fragment Addressing (Guillaume) (discuss)

* See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Types_of_Fragment_Addressing 

 

3.3 HTTP implementation (Raphael) (todo)

* See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation 

 

3.4 RTSP implementations (Davy) (ok)

* See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/RTSP_implementation 

 

3.5 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik) (todo)

* See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Existing_Technologies_Survey 

 

ACTION-13: Jack Jansen,
<http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/13> Examples of
combining Media Fragment URI with SMIL clipBegin and clipEnd

 

4. ISSUES

 

* See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Issues 

** Cache discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0000.html
(ACTION-8)

** Proposal from Silvia:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0033.html
(identify for each codecs and containers in which scenario they belong to)

*** Elaboration on topic by Davy:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_Fragment_Caches 

 

5. AOB

 

 
Received on Tuesday, 25 November 2008 17:02:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:31 GMT