Re: constraints use case

On 3/28/2014 7:43 PM, cowwoc wrote:
> On 28/03/2014 6:55 PM, Justin Uberti wrote:
>>

>>     Going slightly off-topic, shouldn't we be able to do this as well?
>>
>>     - Use a bluetooth microphone, but if/when it's unplugged,
>>     fallback to the built-in microphone. And vice-versa, if the
>>     bluetooth microphone is plugged in mid-call, switch over to it.
>>

>> You'll need to use gUM to get the BT mic when it's plugged in, but
>> yes, that should work. (I don't think auto-switching is reasonable or
>> expected.)
>
> I think it's both reasonable and expected.

I agree.  I'll add another usecase: start call in speakerphone mode,
experience isn't great (noise, people you don't want to hear around, or
who don't want to hear you, etc), so you dig out and plug in
headphones.  Most people will assume they'll be used immediately, much
as they're the new default for new calls, and new default for audio
output from the browser (generally).  There are some systems that
require you to hit configure and select different sources. This is annoying.

--
Randell Jesup -- rjesup a t mozilla d o t com