Re: constraints use case

On 28 March 2014 22:14, Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org> wrote:
> I agree.  I'll add another usecase: start call in speakerphone mode,
> experience isn't great (noise, people you don't want to hear around, or who
> don't want to hear you, etc), so you dig out and plug in headphones.  Most
> people will assume they'll be used immediately, much as they're the new
> default for new calls, and new default for audio output from the browser
> (generally).  There are some systems that require you to hit configure and
> select different sources.  This is annoying.

How is that not served by having an event on device change more than a
gUM tweak.

We've already discussed the browser autonomously switching between
devices: it's not allowed to.  So the application is going to be
involved here.  Fire an event when the new device arrives and let the
app decide.  Switching input devices sounds nice, but it can violate
expectations pretty badly.