Re: constraints use case

On 28/03/2014 6:55 PM, Justin Uberti wrote:

>     Going slightly off-topic, shouldn't we be able to do this as well?
>
>     - Use a bluetooth microphone, but if/when it's unplugged, fallback
>     to the built-in microphone. And vice-versa, if the bluetooth
>     microphone is plugged in mid-call, switch over to it.
>

> You'll need to use gUM to get the BT mic when it's plugged in, but
> yes, that should work. (I don't think auto-switching is reasonable or
> expected.)

I think it's both reasonable and expected. Here is a similar use-case
that works today:

 1. Start a phone call on an Android phone with Bluetooth enabled.
 2. Initially voice input is coming from the phone microphone, and voice
    output from the phone speakers.
 3. Now, walk into a Bluetooth-enabled car that has been
    previously-configured to sync with the phone.
 4. The phone call seamlessly switches over from the phone to the car
    systems.

Why should WebRTC be any different? I should be able to do the same,
today, keeping the video recording/playback on the phone but switching
over the audio to the car subsystems.

Gili