Update on XMP

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@dfki.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:20:34 +0200
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org, Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Hi all,

attached is an update of the XMP test suite file and the corresponding
mapping table. Thierry, can you upload these?

I have followed the guidelines at
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/Guidelines_for_ontology_examples
and the DC example linked from the guidelines. I implemented the comments
about XMP at
http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-mediaann-minutes.html

Three mappings have no example in the RDF file: ma:relation to DerivedFrom,
History and Ingredients from the xmpMM namespace.

About the comments from Antoine archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Aug/0002.html

>> For ex I read in the latter: xmpDM:copyright is Deprecated in favour of
>> dc:rights.
>> I don't find it in http://www.w3.org/TR/mediaont-10/#xmp-
>> table, but it's before in the doc.
>> More important, xmpRights:UsageTerms seems to have disappeared from
>> And xmpRights:webStatement is now xmpDM:webStatement in some part of
>> the XMP doc, but xmpRights:webStatement in others. In fact it is very
>> unclear to me what the correct thing is (except that xmpRights: is not
>> formally defined in the doc, as a self-standing namespace).

I would leave this to the group to decide whether they want to make another
loop with Adobe about this. After all Adobe has to say what is adequate
here.

Felix

--
Prof. Dr. Felix Sasaki
Senior Researcher, Language Technology Lab

Register for the W3C MultilingualWeb Workshop!
Limerick, 21-22 September 2011
http://multilingualweb.eu/**register <http://multilingualweb.eu/register>