Update on XMP

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@dfki.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:20:34 +0200
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org, Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Hi all,

attached is an update of the XMP test suite file and the corresponding
mapping table. Thierry, can you upload these?

I have followed the guidelines at
and the DC example linked from the guidelines. I implemented the comments
about XMP at

Three mappings have no example in the RDF file: ma:relation to DerivedFrom,
History and Ingredients from the xmpMM namespace.

About the comments from Antoine archived at

>> For ex I read in the latter: xmpDM:copyright is Deprecated in favour of
>> dc:rights.
>> I don't find it in http://www.w3.org/TR/mediaont-10/#xmp-
>> table, but it's before in the doc.
>> More important, xmpRights:UsageTerms seems to have disappeared from
>> And xmpRights:webStatement is now xmpDM:webStatement in some part of
>> the XMP doc, but xmpRights:webStatement in others. In fact it is very
>> unclear to me what the correct thing is (except that xmpRights: is not
>> formally defined in the doc, as a self-standing namespace).

I would leave this to the group to decide whether they want to make another
loop with Adobe about this. After all Adobe has to say what is adequate

Prof. Dr. Felix Sasaki
Senior Researcher, Language Technology Lab
DFKI GmbH, Alt-Moabit 91c, 10559 Berlin, Germany http://www.dfki.de
phone: +49-30-23895-1807 (fax: -1810)
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313

Register for the W3C MultilingualWeb Workshop!
Limerick, 21-22 September 2011
http://multilingualweb.eu/**register <http://multilingualweb.eu/register>