RE: Updated ontology doc within Seoul F2F meeting

From: Bailer, Werner <werner.bailer@joanneum.at>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:04:14 +0100
To: Veronique Malaise <vmalaise@few.vu.nl>
CC: 이원석 <wslee@etri.re.kr>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear Veronique, all,

> - 4.2.1.1 ma:right should be ma:copyright
>
> I changed the ma:copyright to ma:right because of the comments of the
> PLING people, I thought they were not satisfied with copyright, that
> they wanted license and rights, but I may be mistaken

One change based on the PLING comments was to rename ma:license to policy. I remember they were not happy with copyright, but we decided to keep it for practical reasons. But renaming it to right seems to make sense, as it is a broader term.

One further comment: I think that we should also specify units for the numeric values. A proposal is:

- frameSize: pixels
- duration: seconds
- samplingrate: samples/second
- framerate: frames/second
- bitrate: kbps

I will update the summary table [1] according to the changes in the ontology document.

Best regards,
Werner

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/WD/summary.html