Von: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] im Auftrag von Daniel Park [soohongp@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 19. April 2010 04:10
An: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Betreff: F2F next week and the ash cloud condition

Hello folks,

We decided not to have a call this week. The F2F is in next week, but I am not sure if all participants can make a safe flight to Vienna due to the ash cloud in EU. As of today, all of flights for EU are cancelled in my country. Not so much different in others conturies in my feeling. Also, Werner who is a host of our F2f in Vienna is still waiting for his flight in US.

Now we have a time before boarding, but also I believe we should think about that situation seriously.

Let me ask a couple of questions like below
(NOTE: It's not an official voting, rather just glancing at the current situation within the group before the F2F in EU]

[Q1] The ash cloud dependency to your journey?
[1] YES, I can't make a flight to Vienna, and no alternative transportation to Vienna.
[2] WELL, some alternatives are allowed such as train, bus, own drive to Vienna.

[Q2] Postpone or keep going in case the current situation is not changed until the next week ?
[1] Postpone until the cloud is clear (depends Werner can be a host for the changed date) ->needs to be rescheduled (in May)
[2] Keep going regardless of the condition (surely, non-EU residents can't make an attendance this time including myself)

Please remark your opinion and reply to chairs directly not mailing-list by Tuesday (April 20)

Daniel

--
Soohong Daniel Park
Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D