Re: Properties for media fragment?

From: Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 15:18:56 +0100
To: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
CC: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Sujet:   Re: Properties for media fragment?  Pour:        Joakim
Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com> Cc:        David Singer
<singer@apple.com>,Felix Sasaki
<felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>,public-media-annotation@w3.org Bcc:
Répondre ā:  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# Ne pas supprimer cette ligne
#=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Joakim Söderberg a écrit :
> We have requirements for "user supplied annotations" (5.5 User
> generated Metadata).  It could also be desirable to annotate a
> scene/shot in movie. Hence my question about referring to a media
> fragment without having a physical representation thereof (e.g. a
> movie file).

This is a tricky problem, because a notion as abstract as "Notting Hill"
has no single concrete representation: if you buy a two DVDs of the
movie in two different countries, you may not have consistent timecodes
between them. Some scenes may have been removed in some countries;
furthermore, NTSC and PAL create slightly different timings...

If you read the UC about user generated metadata, the underlying
asumption is that both user refer to a common representation of the
movie, from a common VOD provider.

  pa