RE: Results of Questionnaire Survey vs. iTunes and QT

I don't know if we'll have to repeat the process until everyone is happy but
as far as I am concerned I looked at what metadata is going to be available
on the Internet for Internet TV  and Radio (and also possibly in relation to
broadcast through content search engines) for standard non-professional
non-academic users, which is the reason why I didn't push neither EBU's
P-META nor SMPTE RP210 or DMS-1.

On the other TV-Anytime is related to so many specifications (DVB, ATIS,
DLNA, Open TV Forum, etc.) that I shouldn't (and apparently don't) need to
argue in favour of it, although it is 'complex' in comparison to others, By
the way, what is the definition of complexity here: [one can't read and
understand more than e.g. 15 elements (and too bad for the well known
drawbacks)].

EBUCore is going to be the base of the EUScreen project, which plans to be
the TV and Radio archive portal of Europeana. Then, any value?

MPEG-7. Our use of it is for the time being going to be restricted to new
metadata extraction tools in the production. This may be used later to make
search on 'parts' of content, but we need to show that we can produce this
metadata at reasonable cost and then also publish it in an affordable
manner. This means certainly not a priority one. And even if I am following
what's  happening in mpeg's MXM project, my intention is also to see to
which extent other metadata formats can be adapted to it and not only
mpeg-7. Certainly, mpeg-7 doesn't at all address the description of services
and content is not hanging in the air.

Complexity is less an issue than looking for what described content will be
around and what content will users want to access. I am more concerned about
FRBR and METS as I am wondering if we are all speaking of the same thing.

Jean-Pierre