Re: mapping table 2.0

Hi Joakim,

I'm not sure designing "yet another" ontology of abstraction levels is a
good idea. Felix already pointed out that FRBR, for example, was not
entirely satisfactory to the BBC, and that they had to design their own
abstraction hierarchy.

I would favor a minimalistic approach with a single and very general
property. For that matter, it seems to me that dc:source [1] is a good
candidate, and this is what I used in my toy implementation.

More refined abstraction hierarchies could be defined by specializing
this property and introducing new classes, like the ones in FRBR or in
the BBC ontology, but I think committing to one or the other would only
limit the scope of our work.

  pa

[1] http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-source