RE: mapping table 2.0

From: Joakim Söderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:22:38 +0100
To: "Pierre-Antoine Champin" <pchampin@liris.cnrs.fr>, Tobias Bürger <tobias.buerger@sti2.at>
Cc: "David Singer" <singer@apple.com>, <public-media-annotation@w3.org>

>This shows, in my (biased ;) opinion, that even "flat looking" metadata
>scheme involve several layers of abstraction, and so that our ontology
>must take this into account, preferably in an explicit way.

This makes me think that we should have a more complex ontology, with some fundamental entities that can resolve mappings from/to different levels of abstraction.

We already have that as a requirement:
Requirement r07: Introducing several abstraction levels in the ontology
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-annot-reqs-20090119/#req-r07

I would like to ask the group if there are any volunteers to start drafting such Ontology?

/Joakim