Re: Some thoughts on use cases

From: Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:49:16 +0200
To: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
CC: "Bailer, Werner" <werner.bailer@joanneum.at>, public-media-annotation@w3.org

Dear all,

>> - "Multi media and semantic web technologies" [issue 6069]: I think that
>> came out of Tobias' introductory mail and describes quite well what this
>> group is supposed to be dealing with, but I think it is too unspecific
>> to be a use case
>
> agree. Probably we should drop this?

Agree.

>> - "multimedia adaptation" [issue 6084]: in their mail Erik and Davy
>> mentioned "region of interest selection" under this heading, which I
>> consider an interesting aspect (one could maybe label it summarisation
>> or highlight extraction). This could be related to the representation of
>> search results (e.g. summaries showing aspects of videos relevant to the
>> query) and to the exploration of audiovisual archives.
>
> This seems a good way to build a bridge between media annotation and
> media fragments. But I am not sure if we should classify this as
> something to tackle later, after the first version of the ontology, and
> the first version of media fragments. What do people think?

Indeed, it seems to be one possible bridge between the two WGs. There
are, however, two aspects: the identification of a ROI and the
description of the ROI. The former is dealt with the Media Fragment WG
while the second falls within the scope of the Media Annotation WG.

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093