Re: It is bad practice to consume Linked Data and not publish Linked Data

On 4/4/13 8:04 AM, Harry Halpin wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Martynas Jusevičius
> <martynas@graphity.org <mailto:martynas@graphity.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hey Harry,
>
>     HeltNormalt (http://heltnormalt.dk) is a danish entertainment
>     content-publishing site built entirely on Linked Data principles,
>     using Dydra triplestore (http://dydra.com) and Graphity Linked
>     Data platform (http://graphity.org).
>
>     Content negotiation was not implemented because of caching reasons
>     (there is quite a high traffic), but RDF is accessible using a
>     query parameter:
>     http://heltnormalt.dk/striben/2011/03/09?view=rdf
>
>     We presented a paper about its architecture at the W3C LEDP workshop:
>     http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/ledp2011_submission_1.pdf
>

> That's exactly the type of example I'm looking for. Any others?

That answers one of the two questions posed i.e., sites publishing RDF
based Linked Data.

BTW -- do RDF based Linked Data publishing efforts from governments such
as Italian, Portuguese, U.S., UK, EU etc.. count re. this matter?

At this juncture, there are still a significant number of companies that
simply use RDF and maybe RDF based Linked Data as part of publishing
pipelines that results in the kind of opaque HTML documents that
triggered the recent Linked Data no-no meme [1].

Links:

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2013Mar/0212.html --
Why is it bad practice to consume Linked Data and publish opaque HTML pages?

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen