Re: Linked Data Book in Early Access Release

On 12/5/12 8:56 AM, David Wood wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2012, at 08:46, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

>>> I agree - and have been speaking with Manning about this.  Unfortunately, I haven't made any progress yet.  I'll keep trying!
>>>
>>> Thanks for the mail.  Perhaps I can use it as proof to Manning that people do want LD on their site.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Dave,
>>
>> They have to understand that its sorta contradictory if they need to be convinced of this matter :-)
> Oh, I see your point and have made it myself.  Unfortunately, economics seems to be dictating otherwise to them for right or wrong.
>
> The only productive suggestion that has been made to me is to put up a parallel site for the book that includes LD.  Michael Hausenblas has offered the domain linkeddatadeveloper.com, which was his original site for the book but has fallen into disuse.  Of course, I would need to be willing to pay for the site and take the time to operate it.
>
> Would the community find that a useful thing to do?  I am willing to go to the effort if I receive a good number of positive responses.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

A while back, there was a thread (on this list) about simple Linked Data
deployment demonstration scenarios. I suggest you simply describe the
book in a Turtle document then publish a link from one of the data
spaces you control. You don't need more than that for this dog-fooding
to kick in :-)

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/SBDmXr -- describing stuff I like using a turtle
document .