Re: Linked Data Book in Early Access Release

On 5 December 2012 14:56, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2012, at 08:46, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> Linked Data

> don't
> >> I agree - and have been speaking with Manning about this.
>  Unfortunately, I haven't made any progress yet.  I'll keep trying!
> >>
> >> Thanks for the mail.  Perhaps I can use it as proof to Manning that
> people do want LD on their site.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave
> >>

> > Dave,
> >
> > They have to understand that its sorta contradictory if they need to be
> convinced of this matter :-)
>
> Oh, I see your point and have made it myself.  Unfortunately, economics
> seems to be dictating otherwise to them for right or wrong.
>
> The only productive suggestion that has been made to me is to put up a
> parallel site for the book that includes LD.  Michael Hausenblas has
> offered the domain linkeddatadeveloper.com, which was his original site
> for the book but has fallen into disuse.  Of course, I would need to be
> willing to pay for the site and take the time to operate it.
>
> Would the community find that a useful thing to do?  I am willing to go to
> the effort if I receive a good number of positive responses.

In (I think the preface) to "Weaving the Web", Tim wrote something like,
"The next one will be online, I promise"

The dream of linked data has always been to be a collaborative space to
both read and write to.

If it were feasible to dogfood such an endeavour, I think the dream of
linked data could be close to reality.

I wonder if we're close enough yet for this to be practical?