RDFa and HTML5

From: Jeremy Tarling <Jeremy.Tarling@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:03:22 +0000
To: <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi, I work with the BBCs Weather web team and wed like to add some minimal
RDFa to forecast pages to link them with their corresponding Geonames ID.

The BBC URLs make use of GeoIDs, but theres nothing that explicitly states
(for example):
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637142  is_a_forecast_for -
http://sws.geonames.org/2637142

Back in August on this list Keith Alexander suggested something like:
    <link rev="meteo:forecastPage"  href="http://sws.geonames.org/2637142/">

which seems ideal, but unfortunately when I tried this on a sandbox it
failed validation  apparently <linl rev=> has been deprecated in HTML5.

Has anyone come up against a similar problem, or have a suggestion for how
else we might make this association?

Thanks

JT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/