Re: RDFa and HTML5

Hi Jeremy,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Jeremy Tarling
<Jeremy.Tarling@bbc.co.uk>wrote:

>  Hi, I work with the BBC’s Weather web team and we’d like to add some
> minimal RDFa to forecast pages to link them with their corresponding
> Geonames ID.
>
> The BBC URLs make use of GeoIDs, but there’s nothing that explicitly
> states (for example):
>     http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637142 – is_a_forecast_for -
> http://sws.geonames.org/2637142
>
> Back in August on this list Keith Alexander suggested something like:
>     <link rev="meteo:forecastPage"  href="http://sws.geonames.org/2637142/">
>

> which seems ideal, but unfortunately when I tried this on a sandbox it
> failed validation – apparently <linl rev=””> has been deprecated in HTML5.
>
> Has anyone come up against a similar problem, or have a suggestion for how
> else we might make this association?

What validator did you use? Can you try with [1]? HTML+RDFa re-introduces
@rev, see [2].

Side note: I'm not sure it's meteo:forecastPage that you want to use to
link a forecast to a geoname place. meteo:forecast looks like a better fit
(domain: Place, range: Forecast).

Steph.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/Validator.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011Jan/0153.html