RE: data schema / vocabulary / ontology / repositories

From: Obrst, Leo J. <lobrst@mitre.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:24:15 -0400
To: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>, OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@ontolog.cim3.net>
Dieter,

There are many vocabulary/ontology repository efforts currently, though not just for linked data. You might look at BioPortal, for the biomedical community: http://www.bioontology.org/bioportal. There is the Open Ontology Repository (OOR), which is still emerging: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository, and a number of other mostly early ontology repositories, most of which have briefed at the OOR sessions.

Thanks,
Leo