Re: data schema / vocabulary / ontology / repositories

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:47:39 -0400
To: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@mitre.org>
CC: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>, OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@ontolog.cim3.net>
On 3/13/11 7:24 PM, Obrst, Leo J. wrote:
> Dieter,
>
> There are many vocabulary/ontology repository efforts currently, though not just for linked data. You might look at BioPortal, for the biomedical community: http://www.bioontology.org/bioportal. There is the Open Ontology Repository (OOR), which is still emerging: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository, and a number of other mostly early ontology repositories, most of which have briefed at the OOR sessions.
>
> Thanks,
> Leo

Leo,

I really like: http://www.bioontology.org/bioportal . Are there any RDF
dumps or a SPARQL endpoint? If I have a URL for either I can get this
data into our LOD cloud cache instance which will also help with
discoverability etc..

Same goes to Ian re: http://schemapedia.com/ . Do you have a dump or a
SPARQL endpoint?

All: we are soon going to release RDF dumps and pre-configured Virtuoso
instances for URIBurner, LOD, and other data spaces we've been
constructing. Some of you may already have seen the DBpedia+BBC releases
[1].

Links:

1.
http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/kidehen@openlinksw.com/weblog/kidehen@openlinksw.com%27s%20BLOG%20%5B127%5D/1656
-- DBpedia+BBC pre-configured Virtuoso instance for you own data center
setup

2.
http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/kidehen@openlinksw.com/weblog/kidehen@openlinksw.com%27s%20BLOG%20%5B127%5D/1657
-- ditto via Amazon EC2 AMI + EBS Snapshot .

Kingsley

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software