Re: data schema / vocabulary / ontology / repositories

From: Bob Ferris <zazi@elbklang.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 00:04:00 +0100
To: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>
CC: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hello again,

an issue that is strongly related to the raised concern is ontology
marketing:

I think, "personal advice is still the best one here. It's horrible to
find appropriate ontologies month after intensive searches, because they
are hidden well in our universal information space. I suggest to work on
a guide for "ontology marketing" or something like that, because is
crucial to establish more easily "shared understanding"." (quote from an
comment to an answer on SemanticOverflow [1])

Cheers,

Bob

[1]
http://www.semanticoverflow.com/questions/2623/ontology-to-use-for-querying/2630#2630