Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

Kingsley, Im not exactly sure what you are saying in all this, but... (read on)

On Jun 12, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 6/12/11 3:42 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>> On 12 Jun 2011, at 11:12, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>>> I've yet to encounter a person who didn't understand the difference between a book about Obama and Obama.
>> This has nothing to do with books about Obama.
>>
>> It's about the difference between an URI-named resource which can return, say, a JSON representation of Obama; and a URI-named resource that *is* Obama. Explaining why using the same URI for both of those supposedly breaks the Web isn't *quite* that easy.
>>
>> Best,
>> Richard
>>
> Richard,
>
> It isn't about braking the Web or its AWWW, really. It's about how its always been when dealing with data via programs. An Object has:
>
> 1. Name
> 2. Representation Address
> 3. Actual Representation.

It also has 4. Its actual self, ie the object. In the example above, Obama, the living breathing President of the USA. Not a representation or an address of any kind, not accessible by HTML in any way, not a piece of information. Still, can be referred to by a name, and described by a representation. And this is what the whole discussion is about.

Pat