Re: Get your dataset on the next LOD cloud diagram

On 7/12/11 11:33 PM, Thomas Steiner wrote:
>> >  (Linked Data and the LOD diagram is not about SPARQL endpoints)
> Fair enough. It is related though, according to TimBL's Linked Data
> principle #3 (http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html).

Really got to be careful there. SPARQL and RDF are implementation
details re. Linked Data.
Note, in the original Linked Data meme, point #3 read:
When someone looks up a URI, provide useful information .

As exemplified by this post and in many other conversations, the
addition of: "using the standards (RDF*, SPARQL)" is a regressive update
of a GOLDEN meme. Net effect has been to inject inertia into Linked
Data's adoption curve.

If you are seeking stats re. what I mean re. intertia, just keep track
of what's happening on the schema.org front re. adoption curve.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen