Re: Get your dataset on the next LOD cloud diagram

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:33:02 +0200
To: bizer@zedat.fu-berlin.de
Cc: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>, Pablo Mendes <pablomendes@gmail.com>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Chris,

One example is Semantic Crunchbase (http://cb.semsol.org/).

> Which datasets do not provide dereferencable URIs anymore?
None of those seem to work any longer (try any of
http://www.google.com/?q=site:http://cb.semsol.org/company%20filetype:rdf).

> (Linked Data and the LOD diagram is not about SPARQL endpoints)
Fair enough. It is related though, according to TimBL's Linked Data
principle #3 (http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html).

> A constructive approach, which I guess would be highly appreciated by the
> community, would be that you directly mark these datasets on CKAN using
> the tags that are proposed at the end of this page
>
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation
I have added the lodcloud.needsfixing tag on the Semantic Crunchbase
CKAN page (http://ckan.net/package/semsol-crunchbase) plus a (maybe)
helpful note with a statement from the dataset's maintainer.

Best,
Tom

--
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.