Re: Get your dataset on the next LOD cloud diagram

From: Pablo Mendes <pablomendes@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:21:31 +0200
To: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Cc: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>
Thanks, Thomas.

Giovanni, it was a coreference resolution problem from my side. You meant
'they'=datasets and I read 'they'=people. It was anyhow a possible question
to come by and it's (hopefully) clearer now. Sorry for the confusion.

Now to the intended question.
I will discuss the issue of availability with my colleagues. But my personal
opinion is that availability is an important quality indicator, and should
be incorporated if feasible wrt to time and resource availability. Could we
perhaps have others (e.g. Sindice, Openlink cloud cache, etc.) also
providing their assessment of this specific indicator? It sounds like it's
of shared interest and could benefit from multiple independent assessments.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Pablo