Re: Get your dataset on the next LOD cloud diagram

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:54:26 +0200
To: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>
Cc: Pablo Mendes <pablomendes@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
> Many dont work, are offline etc. They have been for weeks or months.
> Are you checking these and removing them from the new lod diagram or
> will the lod diagram just grow regardless reality?

Fair point, Giovanni. Pablo, I /believe/ Giovanni is referring to a
recent related experiment [1] by Mondeca on SPARQL endpoint
availability for CKAN resources. The result was that some SPARQL
endpoints were down for a considerable period of time, which
effectively makes their usage unreliable.

[1] http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html

Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.