Re: URI Comparisons: RFC 2616 vs. RDF

On 1/19/11 11:27 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/19/11 10:59 AM, Nathan wrote:
>>     htTp://lists.W3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2011Jan/ -
>>     Personally I'd hope that any statements made using these URIs
>>     (asserted by man or machine) would remain valid regardless of the
>>     (incorrect?-)casing.
>     Okay for Data Source Address Ref. (URL), no good for Entity (Data
>     Item or Data Object) Name Ref., bar system specific handling via
>     IFP property or owl:sameAs :-)
>

> Kingsley, same for you as Nathan. To what specification do you refer
> to for the definitions and behavior of:
>  - "Data source address ref"
>  - Entity
>  - Statement.
>
> -Alan

Alan,

My response is purely about managing Identifiers that are used as
functional unambiguous Name or Address References. Not quoting a W3C
spec. Basically, expressing a view based on my understanding of what's
practical.

A system (e.g. a database or client app.) can (should) make a decision
about how it handles resolvable Identifiers when used as Name or Address